Despite the fact that our phones are constantly with us, it’s still important to protect them from water and other elements. One of the many features that distinguish Apple products from their competitors is their water resistance. While many Android devices are able to take a spill or two, iPhones tend to be a bit more rugged, with models being highly water resistant, meaning they can handle being submerged to a certain extent. This is important because many people accidentally drop their phones into the water and then can’t use them because they stop working. So, even if you get caught in a rainstorm or spill something on your iPhone, it should be able to bear the circumstances without any issue.
Due to this amazing water resistance and water proof iphone feature, you can take underwater photos and videos on your iPhone without any problem. Of course, this doesn’t mean that you can just take your phone swimming with you – you need to take proper precautions. However, you should be cautious when operating your phone underwater because there is a chance it could get damaged after a limit. All of Apple’s latest iPhones are rated at IP67 for protection against water and dust ingress. So, if you’re looking for an all-around phone that can take a beating and keep running, the iPhone is definitely a good choice.
Splash, Water, and Dust resistant iPhone Models
- iPhone 13 (maximum depth of 6 meters for 30 minutes)
- iPhone 13 mini (maximum depth of 6 meters for 30 minutes)
- iPhone 13 Pro (maximum depth of 6 meters for 30 minutes)
- iPhone 13 Pro Max (maximum depth of 6 meters for 30 minutes)
- iPhone 12 (maximum depth of 6 meters for 30 minutes)
- iPhone 12 mini (maximum depth of 6 meters for 30 minutes)
- iPhone 12 Pro (maximum depth of 6 meters for 30 minutes)
- iPhone 12 Pro Max (maximum depth of 6 meters for 30 minutes)
- iPhone 11 (maximum depth of 2 meters for 30 minutes)
- iPhone 11 Pro (maximum depth of 4 meters for 30 minutes)
- iPhone 11 Pro Max (maximum depth of 4 meters for 30 minutes)
- iPhone X (maximum depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- iPhone XS Max (maximum depth of 2 meters for 30 minutes)
- iPhone XS (maximum depth of 2 meters for 30 minutes)
- iPhone XR (maximum depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- iPhone 8 Plus (maximum depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- iPhone 8 (maximum depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- iPhone 7 (maximum depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- iPhone 7 Plus (maximum depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- iPhone SE (2nd generation) (maximum depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes)
Things to consider about water-resistant iPhones
Splash, dust, and water resistance are not features that are applicable for an extended period of time or as a permanent condition. It is necessary to keep in mind that water resistance might be reduced with time as a result of normal wear. Also, liquid damage is not covered under most of the warranties.
So, what is the best thing you can do to prevent such an issue? Below are a few things that you need to consider and apply in your daily life to minimise the chances of water damage to your iPhone.
- Minimise exposure of your iPhone to liquid detergent, soap, acids, etc
- Do not try intentionally submerging your iPhone in water
- Never expose your iPhone to high velocity or pressurised water such as water skiing, surfing, jet skiing
- Do not take your iPhone in a steam room or a sauna
- Avoid operating your iPhone in extreme temperatures
- Do not disassemble your phone by removing the screws
What should be done if your iPhone got wet?
Your iPhone is not likely to cause any immediate damage in contact with water, but it’s always best to be safe and follow a few tips and tricks. Here are three quick hacks to help keep your iPhone safe and sound when it’s wet:
- Dry your iPhone – Dab a dry cloth or paper towel onto a soft-bristled applicator, such as an old toothbrush, to clean any water droplets or fluid residue left on the screen or body. Polish with a dry cloth if necessary.
- Remove the SIM card – This will protect both the device itself and any data on it from water damage. If you do not have an extra battery or SIM card, then try to dry the phone as much as possible before arranging it back together.
- Do not charge it: Make sure the device is turned off while it’s still wet.Avoid charging the device until you are sure it’s dried completely. You should leave it to dry naturally for at least five hours before you put it on charging.
Buy refurbished iPhones from Mobile Guru Australia for the best water resistance experience!
So now that you are familiar with the various models of iPhones that have water resistance features, it is best that you get one for yourself and explore it even more. However, in case you are perplexed if you should get a new iPhone but do not want to spend such a huge amount of money, then it is the best option for you to get a refurbished iPhone.
A refurbished phone is a device that has been returned to an electronics or telecommunications retailer because of several reasons. The phone is then either fixed and put back on the market or used to create new devices. Refurbished phones can be a great value for the money. They may have some marks or scratches on them, but they are generally in good condition and can work as new phones.
If you’re in the market for an iPhone and want to save some money, then Mobile Guru Australiais the place for you. We offer the latest refurbished models of iPhones and other Apple products. Plus, our refurbished phones are always backed by a warranty so that you can feel confident that your phone will work perfectly for a long time.
Reach out to Mobile Guru Australia and check out our selection for a wide range of options. Call us on 1300 362 017 or email us at email@example.com.