Kaiser Permanente (KP) is the second-largest Medicare service provider in the U.S. However when compared with all other top Medicare services KP is the top scorer in customer satisfaction rating and highly recommended service provider.
Unlike other medical insurers, KP uses an integrated care model and is also a non-profit health maintenance organization in the United States.
This article briefs more about Kaiser Permanente and the reason behind its huge popularity among fellow Americans.
Overview of KP
Before getting into the core, let’s brush up with some basic intro about KP.
Kaiser Permanente (KP) was founded in the year 1945. It was established with the primary goal of providing healthcare services to the workers of the construction and shipyard industry. Right now, the KP organization operates 39 hospitals with more than 24k healthcare physicians and support staff.
The non-profit healthcare service plan provided by KP is a hugely popular one among the workers; the plan now serves more than 12.4 million members.
The reason behind such popularity of KP among the employees
Apart from being a top-rated company in terms of customer satisfaction, KP offers a wide range of benefits through its various plans. The Medicare plans of KP include medical, pharmacy, vision, and dental coverage. Take a look over the few key pros of KP.
- Highly rated & top-ranked company
- Very low deductibles for drug
- Excellent customer support service
- Rated with higher average values by NCQA (National Committee for Quality Assurance)
What are the benefits KP offers to its members?
In addition to the medical, pharmacy, dental, and so, KP offers an array of benefits to its members depending upon their eligibility, plans, and where they live. Take a look,
- Members of Kaiser Permanente (KP) can opt for the Silver & Fit program in addition to their Medicare Advantage HMO plan.
- All members of KP can avail of significant discounts on gym memberships, fitness gear, complementary therapies, massages, and acupuncture therapies.
- KP offers excellent phone support to its members, including weight loss and stress reduction.
- All members enrolled in the Kaiser Medicare plan receive free rides to their healthcare professional on appointments.
How to enroll with KP?
Looking to enroll with KP after knowing all those benefits!
Well, this section will guide you.
For enrolling, you have a variety of options. The most popular one is by visiting the official website https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org. The website will enable you to view all the available plans in your state once you enter the ZIP code and birthday.
You can do chatting with their official agent through the live chat option available on the home page.
Or, you can simply enroll with KP by calling their official contact numbers 1-800-488-3590; or 1-877-852-5081. Once you enrolled, you can gain the rights to access the kaiser my hr account where you can find all privileges offered by KP.
Choosing a proper health insurer would be a problem, but with KP it won’t be an issue at all.
However, when it comes to picking the right healthcare plan you should defiantly seek advice from professionals. KP offers a wide range of healthcare plans, which you can able to view in your KP account, talk to the experts of KP for selecting the right plan.