The success of any business rests to a considerable extent, besides other things, on managing their accounts well. Today, lots of accounting software have made tasks such as bookkeeping and accounting quite simple. One of them is QuickBooks. Since its launch, many businesses and entrepreneurs have performed QuickBooks download to leverage the software and its features.
However, the downloading process can seem a bit technical to many people. That’s why QuickBooks support professionals get many queries regarding it. In this article, you will find where exactly you can download QuickBooks and how to install it on your system successfully.
Where to Download QuickBooks for Windows
You can download the QuickBooks solution by following a few simple steps. Here are the steps to download the installation file of the solution.
- Head to the ‘Downloads and Updates’ page to find the download link for QuickBooks.
- If you are a ProAdvisor, you need to sign in to the QuickBooks Pro Advisor Center.
- But if you are an accountant, remember to sign into ‘CAMPS.’
- Next, select the country, QuickBooks product, and its version from this page. Afterward, just tap the ‘Download’ option.
- The next step is to examine whether your system meets the needs of the QuickBooks Desktop. Otherwise, the software won’t run smoothly.
- You can head over to the official website of Intuit and look for the system requirements.
- Some of the chief requirements are as follows:
- You must have Windows 10 or a version later than that.
- A 2.4 GHz processor is mandatory.
- For a 64-bit application, 8 GB RAM is necessary, while 2.5 GB disk space is recommended.
- Your system must be optimized for 1 to 80X1034 screen resolution.
- There must be an Office version in the range of 2013 to 2019.
- Having an Internet Explorer 11 browser is crucial.
The Process to Install QuickBooks in Your System
The installation process demands you to follow specific steps. Go to the downloaded QuickBooks.exe file on your system and use these steps.
- Double-tap the QuickBooks.exe file to open it.
- Now, adhere to the guidelines you notice on your screen.
- Tap ‘Yes’ to accept the terms of the software license agreement and choose ‘Next.’
- Input the license and product number. If you purchased QuickBooks from the official Intuit website, find the product and license number in the email you got at the time of purchasing it.
- Then choose ‘Next.’
- Now you’ll see two options to install QuickBooks.
- You can pick one of them as per your specific needs.
- The Express Install option is ideal for first-time users or those who’ll be using the solution as a single user.
- The Custom and Network Install option is suitable for those hosting their files on a server or configuring a multi-user network.
- Choose the ‘Express Install’ or ‘Custom and Network Install’ option according to your needs and tap ‘Next.’
- Now choose the option that describes how you’ll be using QB.
- In the subsequent screen, choose the ‘Change the install location’ option.
- Tap ‘Browse’ and choose the location where you’ll keep your QuickBooks folder.
- After that, tap ‘Next’ to begin the installation.
- Finally, tap ‘Open QuickBooks’ when the installation process ends.
- You can activate the software when QB prompts you to do so.
- To activate, launch QuickBooks Desktop and hit the F2 key. Select the option of ‘Activate QuickBooks Desktop’ from the ‘Help’ menu.
- Now you can launch the ‘Product information’ window.
- Here, verify your license number and registration status. If the status shows activated, it means you can start using QuickBooks.
- But if you see the status as ‘Not Activated,’ exit the Product information window by tapping ‘OK.’
- Now, go to the ‘Help’ menu. Choose ‘Activate QuickBooks.’
- You can also update the solution if the need arises.
How to Configure a New Company File in QuickBooks?
It is easy to set up a new QuickBooks Desktop company file. Just adhere to the steps below.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop and go to the ‘No Company Open’ window.
- Here, tap ‘Create a New Company.’
- Next, tap on ‘Detailed Start.’
- Here you have to input the needed answers in this ‘Easy Step Interview’ screen, and tap ‘Next.’
- Choose your industry and tap ‘Next.’
- Now, find and input your business entity and tap ‘Next.’
- After that, set the fiscal year for the company file and tap ‘Next.’
- Create your QuickBooks administrator password and click ‘Next.’
- Now, choose the location you wish to save the company file and tap ‘Save.’
Can You Download QuickBooks to Another Computer?
Yes, you can reinstall QuickBooks to a second system and do your work. It is done via the Migrator Tool offered by Intuit. However, using this tool demands you to be the company admin. Through this tool, you can move your QuickBooks solution and three company files to a different computer. The Migrator Tool will not erase any company files.
Here are the steps to set up and employ the Migrator Tool and migrate QuickBooks files on an old computer.
- Head to the ‘File’ option in QuickBooks.
- Opt for ‘Utilities’ followed by ‘Move QuickBooks to another computer.’
- Choose ‘I’m Ready’ and make a good one-time password.
- You can now use the USB flash drive by following the instructions on the screen.
- Wait for some time till the files are copied.
If you wish to use the Migrator Tool on your new computer, connect your USB flash drive, open it, and double-tap the ‘Move_QuickBooks.bat’ to begin the migrator. Input the password and choose ‘Let’s Go.’ That’s it; you can wait till the Migrator Tool completes the work.
Now you know exactly how to perform QuickBooks desktop download and set up a company file from scratch. You also know how to download the software to another computer. If you desire to learn more about different QuickBooks solutions for your business, speak to a QB technical support service.