Let us understand the basics first. What is Kubernetes? How does it work and what is it used for?
Kubernetes, or K8s, came from a Greek word meaning “pilot” or “helmsman”. And the abbreviation is derived by replacing ‘ubernates’ by the digit 8.
Kubernetes is defined as a container management tool that orchestrates computing, networking, and storage infrastructure workloads. It is important to understand the meaning of the word “container.” Containerization is a technique for providing a package of code, run time, system tools, and libraries and configuring them all together so that they operate uniformly wherever they are used.
Kuberestes was created in 2014 and was first developed by Google. It simplifies the process of deploying and managing your application.
Now that you are aware of the meaning of Kuberetes, let us see what the best ways are of learning it.
I’ve compiled a selection of excellent online resources for learning Kubernetes in this guide. There are several options for how to go about it. You can follow a tutorial, enroll in a course, use an interactive lab, and a lot more. You will find the best way to learn Kubernetes here.
- One of the first ways to learn Kubernetes is to begin with one of the numerous available free tutorials and courses. These range from straightforward lessons to comprehensive video courses. For example, there are free and paid courses available by Udemy, Simplilearn’s kubernetes certification, MyGreat Learning, etc. that cover basic beginner courses that explain how to deploy an app with Kubernetes, how to access it, and scale it.
Additionally, you have the option of self-paced learning, which provides access to video lessons that you can watch at your own pace.
- If you’re looking for work and want to beef up your CV or advance in your existing position, certifications are something you can consider. Taking a course or a self paced training course can offer you certification. However, obtaining a certificate is often a helpful technique to get organized knowledge about the subject you choose to master.
There are various certification courses available, mainly:
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS)
These kubernetes certification courses can set you apart from other candidates and can shortlist you for the job role.
- Cheat sheets are the next method of learning Kubernetes. You can use the kubectl cheat sheet for commands and flags if you are already familiar with the terms and technology.
These are the top 3 ways to learn Kubernetes, and as web applications and services are used more frequently, containerization enables applications to run smoothly. Now is the time to study Kubernetes since there are an increasing number of career prospects available for those with the technology.