A WD5002ABYS 500GB 3.5-inch is a non-volatile data storage device that stores your vital data, including office files, documents, and media. Non-volatile is a term given to devices that cannot save the information permanently. All computer systems, either a desktop, notebook, or laptop, require storage devices. A hard drive is designed to store software programs, operating systems, and other files by using magnetic disks. In this post, we will discuss Specifications and reviews of the Western Digital RE3 hard drive.
- Hard Drive: 500 GB HDD 7200 rpm
- Manufacturer: Western Digital
- Hard Drive Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM
- Interface: Serial ATA-300
- Size: 500 GB
- Dimensions (Inches): 5.8 x 4 x 1
- Hardware Platform: PC
- Power 5VDC (Rd/WR): 500 mA
- Power 12VDC (RD/WR): 490 mA
- Nonoperating Temperature (minimum): -40 deg C
- Nonoperating Temperature (maximum): 70 deg C
- Operating Temperature (minimum): 0 deg C
- Operating Temperature (maximum): 60 deg C
- Max Nonoperating Shock (2-msec): 250 Gs
- Max Operating Shock (2-msec): 65 Gs
- Acoustics, Idle: 28 dBA
- MTBF (Hours): 1,200,000 hours
With the WD 500GB 3.5-inch SATA Hard Drive, you can upgrade your system. The WD RE3 enterprise series of storage drives are manufactured with reliability and performance features, making it a perfect solution for video surveillance, servers, and other demanding applications. The server hard drive comes with 500 Gigabytes of storage capacity and fast SATA/300 transfer rates. With 16 Megabytes of buffer, you will experience quick performance in your applications. Also, the WD5002ABYS has a 4.20ms of average latency and a read time of 8.9 ms.
Following are some of the features of WD 500GB 3.5-inch SATA Hard Drive
- Dual processors deliver twice the processing power
- Reliability features make this hard drive a perfect solution for servers and all demanding applications
- TLER (Time-Limited Error Recovery) prevents hard drive fallout caused by an extended error-recovery
- WD RE3 3.5-inch enterprise SATA hard drives come with reliability and performance features that you don’t usually get in every hard drive
- Massive Capacities: These hard drives come with a storage capacity of up to 1 TB
- Double the processing power results in 20% enhanced performance over the previous generation
- The fourth-gen RAFF technology involves classy electronic devices to manage the hard drive and precise rotational and linear vibration for up to 60% performance
- During read and write operations, the motor shaft is protected at both ends to decrease vibration and alleviate platters for precise tracking
- It automatically detects shock events and compensates them for protecting your data
- 3rd Gen dynamic fly height: Every read-write head’s height is adjusted for optimum reliability
- PMR (Perpendicular Magnetic Recording): Western Digital RE3 hard drives use PMR technology to attain greater reliability, areal density, and design margin
- Each device is put through burn-in testing along with thermal cycling to make sure of reliable operations.
- The recording head never comes in contact with the disk media, making less wear to the media and recording head and enhancing device protection in transit.
|Western Digital Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB||WD RE3 WD5002ABYS 500GB|
|Packaging||Bare Drive||Bare Drive|
|Interface||SATA 3.0Gb/s||SATA 3.0Gb/s|
|RPM||7200 RPM||7200 RPM|
- I installed this hard drive without facing any issues. In the course of a discussion, the customer support team from WD said that the hard drive was meant for RAID servers as they usually handle error detection processes so that a drive does not waste time.
- It is an excellent hard drive for the users who need a higher standard or demand that their device should function with solid reliability. It does not have the capacities for some of the IT and technology users as its speed is not that much compared to an SSD. So, if you want to speed more than reliability and overall performance, this tech device is not meant for you.
Above, we have discussed all the details you need to know about the WD5002ABYS 500GB 3.5-inch hard drive. Just like any other Western Digital Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB, the RE3 is a great pick for you if you want a decent, performance-oriented hard drive. Our online store Hard Disk Direct has a great portfolio of tech, computer, and IT devices. All of those latest and refurbished devices are readily available. Visit our platform to get the best deals.