Srinagar Tour Package
The idea of romanticism gets elevated when the surrounding is equally scintillating. Spending time with your partner amid mountains is heavenly. When we are talking about the mountains, how could we forget to mention one of India’s most loved destinations- Jammu and Kashmir? The captivating views of this tourist place make you forget about the worries of life.
People can visit this place anytime as Srinagar has a lot of things to offer throughout the year. Whether the serenity of Dal Lake or the feeling of bliss while staying in houseboats or the extensive colourful gardens such as Shalimar Bagh, a trip to Srinagar would not disappoint you.
Srinagar is the summer capital of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. This city is situated in the middle of the Kashmir Valley, and it lies on the banks of the Jhelum River (one of the tributaries of the Indus River). Srinagar is situated at an elevation of 1585 meters above sea level.
How to reach Srinagar?
One of the most well-connected cities in the UT of Jammu and Kashmir itself, so you won’t find difficulty in reaching Srinagar. There are different modes of transportation through which you can reach Srinagar are- flight, railway, bus, or car. You can opt for one of these based on your comfort and easy accessibility.
Sheikh ul-Alam International Airport is the only commercial airport in Jammu and Kashmir. This airport is well-connected to varied cities in India such as Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Ahmedabad, etc.
The nearest station to reach Srinagar would be Jammu Railway Station from where you can book a cab to reach Srinagar. On the other hand, you can even arrive at Udhampur Railway Station and then take a taxi or travel by bus to Srinagar.
Several buses ply on the roads of Jammu and Kashmir that are public-owned while private-run buses are equal in number. Thus, traveling within the territory of Jammu and Kashmir would not be of worry.
Places to See
As a tourist, you must be eager to know the places that you can visit in Srinagar. Some of them are-
- Dal Lake- When talking about Srinagar, how can we miss talking about Dal Lake? Dal Lake is also known as Srinagar’s jewel. You could find various houseboats on Dal Lake.
- Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden- A land filled with colorful tulips is a sight to behold. This is the largest Tulip Garden in Asia. There is a Tulip Festival that is organized in Srinagar every year during the spring season.
- Shalimar Bagh- This Mughal-styled Garden is an ideal location for photo lovers to post their dreamy pictures on Instagram. The Shalimar Bagh is connected to the Dal Lake.
- Pari Mahal- Literally translating into ‘the palace of fairies’, the Pari Mahal was built by the eldest son of Shah Jahan that is, Dara Shikoh. Apart from the grandeur structure, there is a vast Mughal-styled Garden that indicates how beautiful this site is.
- Dachigam Wildlife Sanctuary- This wildlife sanctuary is almost 22 km away from Srinagar. If you want to experience the beauty of the forest as well as the flora and fauna, then Dachigam Wildlife Sanctuary must be on top of your list to visit. You would even get a sight of species such as Kashmiri Stag, Hangul, etc.
If you are in Srinagar, you can plan to go for a trip to nearby locations. Some of them are-
- Gulmarg- Nestled in the PirPanjal Mountains, this ‘Meadow of Flowers’ is breathtakingly beautiful. Gondola Cable Car Lift, golfing at the Golf Course, skiing at Apharwat Peak, etc., are a few things that you can do in Gulmarg.
- Sonamarg- You can plan to go trekking in the nearby mountains. Sonamarg is replete with serene lakes such as Krishnasar, Gangabal, etc. You can choose to go trout fishing in these lakes.
- Pahalgam- Situated in the Anantnag district of Kashmir, this place is full of scenic beauty. Mamal temple, Aru and Betab valley, Sheshnag Lake, and Avantipur Temple are a few places that you can see when traveling to Pahalgam. From Pahalgam, you go for the famous twin lakes of Kashmir called Kashmir Tarsar Marsar Trek.
Staying and eating options-
Whenever you are visiting a travel destination, where to stay and where to eat are prime concerns. To ease your concerns on these factors, some of the hotels and restaurants are mentioned below.
Vivanta Dal View, Walison’s hotel, Houseboat New Suzan, and Fortune Resort Heaven are some of the exotic places to stay in Srinagar. Apart from it, you can spend some time in houseboats as well which float on the Dal Lake and Nigeen Lake.
Dishes such as Gushtaba, Kashmiri Pulao, Tabak Maaz, and Rogan Josh are served in restaurants such as Shamyana Restaurant, Mughal Darban, Café de Linz, etc.
Cliffhangers India offers the comprehensive tour packge which includes offbeat tour packages as well. In offbeat, the best and famous place is Gurez Valley Kashmir.
Pack your bags to soak in the beauty of this paradise!