Do you want to learn how to get an Epson printer offline Mac online? This is a common issue with Epson printers that may come up for various reasons. Sometimes it occurs due to network issues, other times printer problems. This error may hamper your work, and if you’re using the Epson printer in the office, it needs a quick solution.
Therefore, we bring you this guide that will help you fix the reason why the Epson printer is offline Mac in simple steps.
Check Out the List of Epson Printer Offline Causes
When your Epson printer is offline mac, it shows that it can’t connect to the computer. The reason can be anything from the list mentioned here:
- The network isn’t the same for the printer and computer.
- Your printer is set to offline mode.
- Your printer isn’t set to the default printer.
- The printer driver may not be compatible with a Mac or be outdated.
- The firewall settings on your computer is restricting the printer.
Ways to Troubleshoot Epson Printer Offline Error
Follow the best solution to fix the Epson printer offline issue below:
Remove Extra Printer Installation from Mac
First of all, check if your printer has installed multiple files for the same printer. If you find this, remove the extra installation file and then add your printer again.
- Go to the Apple menu bar.
- Then, select System Preferences.
- Now, choose your printer from the Printer and Scanner list.
- Find similar printers and remove them one by one. To do so, click the printer from the list and select the remove (-) symbol. This you can find in the left bottom corner of the window.
- Now, select your printer as the default printer.
- Restart your printer.
Reset Mac Printer Settings
If you get the Epson printer offline mac error, reset the printer settings. Here is how you can do that:
- Go to the Apple icon and tap on it.
- Then, choose System Preferences from the list.
- Now, select the Printer & Scanner option.
- Right-tap on your Epson printer.
- Select the Reset Printing System option.
- Enter your Mac’s login credentials if asked.
- Tap OK to confirm.
Wait for some time until the process ends. Once it’s done, it will show you the list. Now, tap the add (+) icon to add your Epson printer. As soon as you add it, your printer will be back in online mode. To check, print a page.
- Above all solutions, please don’t forget to check the cable connections and network setup.
- Both the printer and the Mac should be connected to the same network. Furthermore, the cables shouldn’t be loose or damaged.
- If none of the above helps, you can reinstall the printer from scratch. For that, uninstall the installed setup. Then go to the Epson office website and install the printer setup file for Mac.
We hope the guide for Epson printer is offline mac helped you fix the issue without any hassle. Here we have discussed both the causes and the solution. If you still have any doubts or need any help, feel free to contact us.