You must unpublish a Facebook page to make it private; this will give you time to make modifications without the public seeing them. Can turn off a Facebook business page by going to its settings through the mobile app or a desktop browser here’s more about it.
He can republish it at any time after making it temporarily private by unpublishing it. This tool may be useful when you need to make changes to a page, whether they are minor tweaks or substantial revisions.
As the purpose of a Facebook business page is to market something to the general public, there is no option to make it permanently private to only a select few individuals. If you want to make a place more private, you could put together a private event or group here’s more about it.
HOW TO MAKE THE BUSINESS PAGE OF YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT PRIVATE USING YOUR DESKTOP
- Open Fb.
- To add a page, go to your homepage’s menu and choose “Pages.” The “Shortcuts” section may include the link to your most-visited pages. It’s possible that you’ll need to select the “See More” arrow if “Pages” isn’t one of the default options that appear.
- Next, a list of the pages you administer will appear on the screen. Click the desired page to unpublish it.
- Your company’s page will have a “Manage Page” window on the left side of the screen. Move your cursor to the bottom of the page and select “Settings.”
- The most prominent option on the “General” tab is “Page visibility.” Whenever a page is made public, the words “Page published” will show up. Use the “Edit” button to make changes.
- Select “Page unpublished,” and then click “Save Changes” in blue.
- This will prompt you to share the reason for unpublishing the page in a pop-up window. Select an explanation of why.
- Click the blue “Next” button to proceed.
- Facebook will then inquire as to what you need to do to complete your page. Mark any of the applicable boxes.
- Click the “Unpublish” button in blue.
- This decision will be confirmed by Facebook. You can close this window by selecting the blue “Close” button, which will take you back to your page’s previous settings.
HOW TO MAKE THE BUSINESS PAGE OF YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT PRIVATE USING YOUR MOBILE DEVICE
- Open Fb.
- You’ll need to tap the three horizontal bars located in the screen’s bottom right corner.
- The word “Pages” can be accessed by clicking the orange flag icon that appears underneath it.
- Choose the page that you want to hide from public view.
- Use the page’s settings (represented by a cog) by clicking the cog icon in the page’s upper right corner.
- Select “General” from the list’s top position.
- Scroll until the “Page Visibility” section appears.
- Alternatively, a blue checkmark will show if you choose to “Unpublish” it.
- If you go back to your page now, you might see a “Publish Page” button. The blue button can be used to re-promote your page, or you can use it to go back to the settings page.