Our eyes play the central and most significant role in our lives. We perform different activities with them, such as having non-verbal communications and providing visible cues to our personality, apart from just seeing the world as it is. They are also considered the first facial feature that someone notices in you. Our eyes also define our personality and make us look more attractive. This is why an eye kajal is often the most easily found eye care product in every woman’s vanity bag.
Many people do not step out of their houses without applying kajal. It is a wonder product for the girls because it adds more definition to their eyes, and thus makes them look bigger and brighter, and adds a confident touch to their physical appearance. The use of kajal for eyes can be traced back to more than five thousand years ago when it was made home from camphor, vegetable oil, and ghee.
Using a kajal also has religious and cultural significance in India. Many women put a small black dot on the forehead of the child to protect them from evil spirits. Indian classical dancers use eye kajal as a constant beauty product. In this guide, we will learn how to wear kohl for a glamorous look, the benefits of the natural eye kajal, and how to choose the best one. We will also take you through some of the most common mistakes that will help you apply them.
How to choose the best kajal for yourself?
From smudge-proof kajal to the darkest ones, many choices are available in the market depending on the brand, preference, budget, and ingredients. However, we recommend considering some of the checkpoints while shopping for kajal.
- Its color: While black is the most preferred one when applying kajal, you can now try several shades for an edgy look.
- Avoid glittery kohl: It is recommended to avoid kohl pencils with a shiny or shimmery look as these pencils contain harmful elements.
- Made of toxin-free ingredients: Always choose the eye kajal with natural ingredients such as Vitamin C, Chamomile, and Castor oil. We recommend going for the ones that are hypoallergenic as harmful chemicals might harm your eyes in the long run.
- Should be smudge-proof: Go with the water-resistant kajal if you want to stay it for long hours without smudging.
If you are looking forward to achieving an even-toned skin, do opt for the best cream for women by Mamaearth, which helps reduce dark circles, fights various signs of aging, and nourishes the facial skin.
Loaded with the Goodness of Nature, Mamaearth’s Eye Kajal is beneficial for your eyes. It contains nourishing properties that keep them healthy. Check out the following benefits of toxin-free kajal for the eyes.
- Healthier eyes: Kajal pencils are backed by natural ingredients rich in essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. This helps in healing the eyes and makes eyelashes thicker & blacker. It also helps in reducing minor eruptions in the eyes.
- Soothes and calms inflammation: Regular use of eye kajal helps prevent impurities from infecting the eyes. The former should comprise antibacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits that provide a cooling effect. They should also help strengthen and relax the eyes muscle and improve eyesight (if possible).
- Combats dark circles: Some toxin-free kohl pencils for eyes contain nourishing ingredients that help fade dark circles by preventing melanin deposits in the skin. It also cleans the eyes of salt deposits caused due to tears and makeup residues trapped between the eyelids.
How to achieve that glamorous look through kajal?
Now, we will share a few ways you can achieve attractive looks by applying eye kajal. But, before doing the makeup, you should prep up your eyes. It Includes:
- Removing the excess oil, dirt, and impurities around the eye via cleansing.
- Moisturizing the eyelids and skin around the eyes.
- Using an eye primer.
- Continuing with the eye makeup.
Check out a few fashionably looks mentioned ahead:
- Winged eye look: This look can be easily achieved with a sharp kajal. You can use it to flick the upper eye line by applying kajal on your upper lash line, starting from the inner corner and moving outwards, covering the outer corner of the eyes. You may make it look thicker by applying kohl in short strokes.
- Kitten eye look: It is advisable to initiate application from the inner corner of your eye and move outwards while making the line slightly thicker. Then, apply it in short quick strokes. Flick it out slightly when you reach the outer corner.
- Smokey eyes: This is the easiest look one can achieve using kajal for eyes. Swipe a thick line of kajal directly over the upper lash line of the eye and move from the inner corner to the outer corner. You may then use a soft eye shadow brush to smudge the kajal upwards and work it with the crease and towards the brow bone.
- Intense look: Applying eye kajal on your waterline will give you an intense look you need. If you wear lenses, you should apply kajal on your lower lash-line instead of the waterline. You may also start from the outer corner of the eye and move inwards to your tear ducts.
Here are some questions you might have
- “Is it safe to apply a kajal if I am wearing lenses?”
Yes, it is safe to apply a smudge-proof kajal if you are wearing lenses. While choosing one for your eyes, do pick the one that contains natural ingredients as it will not cause harm to the eyes. It will not interfere with the eye lenses if applied correctly. However, we recommend you consult skin specialists as they will advise you to wear makeup products suitable to wear with contact lenses.
- “How can I achieve healthy facial skin?”
Following a proper skin care regimen and applying the best face cream for women can help you get a glowing and radiant appearance. This face cream helps fade blemishes, reducing dark circles under the eyes and combating signs of aging, thus helping you get an even-toned skin.
Wrapping it up
If you haven’t ever tried applying the kajal, try it for yourself and get that glamorous glow. We recommend choosing Mamaearth Eye Kajal as it is made with natural ingredients. Mamaearth is Asia’s 1st MadeSafe-certified brand that aims to spread its goodness in India as it contributes toward sustainable development “by planting one tree on every goodness order delivered.” Read more