We can understand how annoying the situation is when you have to urgently log in to the Netgear extender but forget the password. And, after putting too much stress on the brain for remembering the password you can’t even remember a single character. But, why putting so much pressure on your brain when you can easily recover the password and reach the Netgear Nighthawk router login wizard. Wondering how it can be possible? Wonder no more. Just you have to read this article till last and follow the steps mentioned below in order to recover the password.
Recovered: Netgear Login Password
- Power Up the Computer
- Connect the computer to the active power outlet.
- Now hit the power button of the computer.
- Ensure the computer is running on the updated software.
- Open the Web Browser
- The next step is to open the web browser.
- You may put to use any web browser which is supported by the computer operating system.
- Ensure the web browser is running on the updated version.
- Clear all cache, cookies, and junk files from the web browser.
- Enter the Web Address
- Now, you have to enter the web address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- Avoid any typos while entering the web address.
- Make sure you use the address bar only for the purpose to access the login page.
- After entering the web address, press the Enter key.
- Netgear Login Page Appears
- Now, you are welcomed by the official login page of your Netgear extender.
- Click the Cancel button.
- Input the serial number of the Netgear extender you are using.
- After hitting on the Continue option, you have to answer the security questions.
- Click on Continue.
- Now your recovered password will appear on the screen.
- Tap the Login Again option.
- Now, the screen automatically shows a login window and you have to access the Netgear Genie wizard by entering the recovered password and username into their respective fields.
So, in this way, you can easily recover the Netgear extender password and reach the Netgear Nighthawk setup wizard. But, if you are running out of your luck, and facing a number of issues in recovering the password, then you don’t have to worry. In the rest of the article, we will give you some troubleshooting tips in order to get rid of this issue.
Fixed: Unable to Recover Netgear Login Password
- There are chances that you have typed the wrong web address in the address bar. As any mistyped web address can bring you to the wrong destination. So, try to avoid such a mistake.
- Typed the web address in the search bar? As this is also one of the most common mistakes that mostly Netgear extender user do, don’t act like them. Fill the address in the address bar only.
- Update the web browser before entering the web address. Using an outdated version of the web browser can cause hindrance in the pathway to recover your Netgear extender password.
- Avoid placing Home appliances like microwaves, TVs, Ceramic tiles, Windows and tinted glass, and Aquariums between the WiFi devices. It can interrupt the WiFi signals which can be the reason for being unable to recover the Netgear extender password.
- Along with the WiFi interference, make sure there should be a safe distance between the extender and router. Don’t know what is a safe distance? It means to place your router in such a way that there should not be a large distance between them as it can cause weaken the signals. And clashing of signals won’t take much time if you place them too near.
- What happened? Tried every above-mentioned troubleshooting tip but even then unable to recover the password? Ohh, now we got it. There might be a minor technical glitch. Relax! Getting rid of technical glitches is very easy, all you have to do is reboot the Netgear extender. Don’t know how to reboot? Follow the below-mentioned steps in order to reboot the Netgear extender.
Check Also: How to Set Up TP Link WiFi Repeater?
- Press the power button of the extender in order to switch it off.
- Disconnect it from the power outlet.
- Give some time to extender for rest.
- Connect it back after waiting for a few minutes.
- Press the power button in order to turn it on.
Now there is a huge possibility that the above-mentioned troubleshooting tip has resolved the issue of being unable to recover the Netgear extender password. If yes, then congratulations. Now, you can log in to your Netgear wireless device and manage it as per your wish. Just in case you don’t want to make use of the extender’s web GUI, you can use the Netgear Nighthawk app to manage and monitor your WiFi extender.